Your shopping cart is empty!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION !
Non-European Union citizens can order products WITHOUT VAT.
After you have logged in with your username in our shop the default prices will be aligned to your situation.
This means if you are a Non-European Union citizen you can order products WITHOUT VAT.
he Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 1/8 Buggy Kit benefits from the knowledge
and experience that can only be attained from 30+ years of 1/8 nitro
domination. The Kyosho Inferno is the most successful racing platform in
the history of 1/8 off road, and the MP9 has long been a top contender
at tracks around the world. In preparation for the 2016 IFMAR 1/8 Off
Road World Championships, the legendary Yuichi Kanai has tuned his
creation and added no less than 22 updates that cover the suspension,
drivetrain and aero package. Easier to drive, faster in the turns and
more durable than its predecessor, the Inferno MP9 TKI4 is ready for
NOTE: Engine, tuned pipe, electronics, tires and
painted body shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are
not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items
required to complete the model.
In Depth Inferno MP9 TKI4 Features:
- TKI4 Body: The redesigned body shell features a
longer cab, with a longer, flatter roof to produce more laminar airflow
across the roof and on to the rear wing. The cab is narrower, with a
more vertical windshield and positioned further forward. Downforce
features on the side pods of the TKI4 body have also been moved forward.
These changes produce more front downforce, and improved handling.
- Lightweight Multi-Element Wing: Extensive testing
has proven that the reduced weight of a Lexan wing is beneficial, but
the material is lacking durability. The TKI4 wing features thinner
construction for similar weight savings, but the material is better able
to withstand a crash. Two additional vertical planes have been added
and two different size wickerbills are included to adjust rear
- Wider, Lower Wing Support: Extensions visible on
the outside of the wing mounts help to support the updated and lighter
rear wing and reduces the likelihood of damage in the event of a severe
crash. The wing mount is also lower, which keeps the wing at the proper
height in relation to the redesigned body. Plus, by keeping the wing
assembly lower, it helps to reduce the possibility of damage in a crash.
- Reinforced Lower Rear Arms: The lower rear
suspension arms benefit from significantly increased webbing around the
gussets in the arms. The arms have been reinforced in the web area to
make them especially stronger in line with the hinge pin, while still
allowing some necessary flex in the perpendicular axis to make shock
set-up a LOT easier. Arms that are simply made super stiff in every
direction will make the car very difficult to tune properly because
there’s such a small tuning window. The TKI4 arms add strength and
durability in the right areas, while still providing a car that’s easy
to set-up for your conditions and driving preferences.
- Aluminum Rear Hubs: The updated aluminum rear hubs
feature eccentric inserts to increase the number of roll center options
available. The upper linkage rod has an upper and lower mounting
position, and the inserts on the rear hubs provides intermediate
adjustments of just 1mm. This gives the racer four different settings to
choose from instead of two.
- Longer, Reinforced Lower Front Arms: Like the rear
suspension arms, the front arms benefit from all the reinforcing to make
them stronger. The front arms are also 2mm longer in than the TKI3
front arms, which allows the use of the 93mm driveshafts. The longer
arms also bring the front suspension out closer to maximum width as
regulated by world and national organizations, which gives the TKI4 a
wider stance for improved cornering.
- Updated Machined Aluminum Steering Knuckles – Improved Ackerman:
The updated steering knuckles feature shorter steering arms to change
the Ackerman angle, and promote increased corner speeds. By maintaining
more correct Ackerman angle throughout the range of steering motion
(especially at higher degrees of steering angle), there’s less slip
angle, which means the TKI4 carries more corner speed than any Inferno
- Longer Steering Turnbuckles: The increased arm length and the addition of the updated steering knuckles, makes longer steering turnbuckles a necessity.
- Reduced Front Suspension Hingepin Angle: It’s easy
to see the difference in the height of the redesigned hinge pin braces
on the rear of the front bulkhead. Those included in the TKI4 raise the
rear of the front hinge pin, reducing the hinge pin angle. The reduced
hinge pin/arm angle reduces the amount of dive during corner entry, and
significantly improves on-power steering during corner exit.
- Heavy-Duty Servo Saver: High performance servos are
only as effective as the servo saver they are connected to. As a
top-of-the-line race car, TKI4 owners are expected to use
high-performance servos. So Kyosho includes the optional KYOIFW459
heavy-duty servo saver with the lightweight adjuster.
- Larger Receiver Box Opening: Getting all the wires
into the receiver box can be a challenge with the heavy duty wires being
used on modern high-performance servos. The opening for the servo wires
and other accessories is now larger to accommodate not only the servos,
but leads for items such as telemetry sensors and transponders.
- Stronger, Lower 4mm Hingepins: If a hinge pin is
too hard it will snap – too soft and it will bend. A delicate balance is
required when choosing materials for the hingepins. The TKI4 lower pins
are stronger than the TKI3 pins, and they benefit from material chosen
based on 30 years of off-road nitro experience.
- Gun-Metal Anodized Nylon-Locking Wheel Nuts:
Standard wheel nuts have been included with previous versions of the
MP9, and the nylon lock wheel nuts were an optional upgrade. The TKI4
includes matching gun-metal anodized, nylon-locking wheels nuts as
standard equipment. They require less torque on the wheel nut, and will
hold the wheel securely in any condition.
- Uniform 93mm Universal Driveshafts: The TKI4
version uses uniform 93mm front and rear universal driveshafts. It’s the
ideal length for the updated front suspension arms. This means you only
need to carry one length in your pit bag.
- Redesigned Air Filter: Loose air filters are the
number one killers of engines, and the filter and filter housing of the
TKI4 is designed to best protect your valuable engine. The redesigned
air filter housing is more substantial than the previous version, and it
better secures the foam filter elements to protect the engine. The
assembled filter also has a more secure mount that will ensure the
filter remains in place throughout the roughest A-finals in the world.
- Beefy 6.8mm Ball Ends: The ball ends used on the
steering turnbuckles have been made stronger. The wall thickness of the
ball ends has been increased to keep the fit very tight and strong to
reduce wear and increase reliability.
- Lightweight Vented Clutch Bell: A lightweight 13T
vented clutch bell is standard with the TKI4. Reduced rotating mass is
important in terms of quicker acceleration and improved fuel economy.
The clutch also benefits by reducing the heat in the clutch shoes and
springs, as well as allowing the clutch debris to escape from inside the
- Lighter Wheels: The Kyosho wheels have been
retooled to be lighter and match the dimensions of the most popular
tires. That means the wheels will ideally fit all the most current
racing tires, and they’ve even been modified to include a rougher
surface that will make the glue bead much stronger, which will ensure
that your tires remain attached to the wheels.
- The New/Old Shock Boot: Kyosho loyalists may
recognize the look of the TKI4’s shock boots. They share the same
traditional "straight boot" design as the old 777 shock boots. The
straight boot is proven more durable and effective than the accordion
style dust boot that is found on all previous versions of the MP9, so
the TKI4 will include the straight dust boots.
- Updated Shock Pins: The lower shock mounting pins
previously had a flat spot that needed to be indexed to the set-screws
that secured the lower shock mounting pins. The TKI4 pins have a
lightened head (every little bit counts) and there’s a groove machined
around the entire circumference. That means the pins no longer need to
be aligned, and the lower end of the shocks are more secure than ever.
- Black Indexed Spring Pre-Load Adjusters: Apart from
being black anodized, the updated spring pre-load adjusters feature
indexing marks, which serve as a visual reference for more accurate
spring pre-load adjustments.
- 1.5mm x 5 Hole Shock Pistons: The 1.5mm x 5 Hole
shock pistons have been thoroughly tested in a wide variety of
conditions. They produce a little bit less “pack” and smoother, more
linear damping than the previous shocks. They’re notably better on
tracks with a lot of little bumps and tracks that degrade over time and
develop divots. The initial damping of the TKI4 shocks is much more
responsive, which provides better traction and a greater sense of
confidence for the driver on difficult surfaces.
TKI4 Features at a Glance:
- Most successful 1/8 off-road racing car in the history of RC
- Evolution of the IFMAR World Champion MP9 TKI3
- Redesigned body with improved aerodynamic features
- Lighter wing with wickerbill attachments for tuning the level of downforce
- Reinforced lower suspension arms
- 2mm longer front suspension arms for wider stance
- Low-profile wing mounts with extra wing supports
- Updated front suspension mounts for reduced “skid angle”
- Includes KYOIFW459 Heavy Duty Servo Saver assembly
- Uses 93mm driveshafts all around
- Redesigned front steering knuckles for improved Ackerman geometry
- Larger opening in radio box for servo leads and other electronic wiring
- Redesigned aluminum rear hubs with inserts for more roll-center adjustments
- Lightweight, more secure lower shock mounting pins
- Stronger lower 4mm hingepins
- Stronger, more secure air filter housing
- Updated heavy-duty ball ends for the steering linkage
- Lightweight 13T clutch bell
Length: 19.3 in. (490mm)
Width: 12.2 in. (309mm)
Height: 7.1 in. (180mm)
Wheelbase: 13.8 in. (325mm)
Tread (F/R): 10.0 in. (254mm)
Gear Ratio: 11.7:1
Approx. Weight: 116.4 oz. (3300g)
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tools for Assembly
Availability: In stock